The Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT) Eisemann Edge Initiative is a collaboration
between the arts and technology communities, universities and institutions that seek to fund and elevate projects that explore the intersection of technology with the performing and/or visual arts.
This opportunity is currently open to nonprofit organizations and fiscally-sponsored entities
with projects that explore the intersection of innovative technology with the performing and/or visual arts. Preference will be given to projects that use innovative technology and the arts to unite and enrich community and celebrate creativity, collaboration, and innovation.
The average grant award amount will be between $50,000 and $100,000. The Eisemann Edge Initiative will prioritize grant funding for projects that:
• Clearly articulate how the project will apply and demonstrate innovative technology to the
presentation and experience of performing and/or visual arts. Examples of technologies include, but are not limited to, artificial intelligence (AI), augmented and virtual reality, coding, digital fabrication, digital media, immersive installation, projection, and/or software.
• Demonstrate a track record of creating innovative projects that merge arts and technology.
• Share detailed plans for marketing and publicly presenting the project in North Texas, with
further preference given to projects that are publicly presented in the City of Richardson.
• Challenge the stereotypes and siloing that are characteristic of technology institutions (e.g.,
educational groups and corporations) and the performing/visual arts.
Nonprofits and fiscal sponsors interested in being considered for grant funding must complete a short-form online application by 5:00 p.m. CDT on August 19, 2022.
To apply, please follow the steps below:
1. Visit cftgrants.org
2. Log in if you already have an account or select “Create a New Account”
3. Select “Apply” at the top of the page
4. In the top right corner, you will see a “Enter Access Code” field. Enter: Edge
5. Click the blue “Apply” button
For questions related to this grant opportunity, contact Greg Oertel at email@example.com or 214.346.5514.