Tulsa Artist Fellowship is a two-year paid fellowship program that brings people together from different places, with diverse perspectives and experiences. At Tulsa Artist Fellowship socially invested arts practitioners live, make, and intentionally engage with our city distinctly positioned at the center of coastal cultural conversations.
Each year, the Fellowship seeks to build a community of regional and national contemporary art practitioners at different stages in their careers. Applicants may include artists working in multiple disciplines, collaboratives, and arts workers such as but not limited to curators, publishers and community organizers.
FELLOWS ARE PROVIDED
– $40,000 stipend paid over two years
– Fully subsidized housing for two years in Tulsa’s Arts and/or Greenwood Districts that accommodates families, partners and pets (estimated resource value of $18,000)
– Fully subsidized studio space in Tulsa’s Arts and/or Greenwood Districts with access to shared facilities including ceramics studio with kilns, woodshop, media lab, roof terrace, performance rehearsal space and meeting rooms with video/audio capabilities (estimated resource value of $18,000)
ARTISTS WHO QUALIFY FOR TULSA ARTIST FELLOWSHIP
– Artists and/or Arts Workers of any medium and/or discipline with a minimum of five years professional experience committed to living and working in Tulsa, Oklahoma full-time for two-years
– U.S. Resident; Pass Background Check
OPEN APPLICATION DATES
November 20, 2020 – January 15, 2021
2021-2023 FELLOWSHIP TERM
August 2021 – July 2023
Tulsa, Oklahoma: United StatesThe Arts and Greenwood Districts in Tulsa, OK
- Residency Length: Two years
- Average number of artists in residence at a time: 50
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year: 20
- Total applicant pool in most current year: 1200
- Application type: Open application
- Collaboration: Must apply and be accepted individually
- Geography: Open to US artists
- Additional eligibility information: Artists and/or Arts Workers of any medium and/or discipline
with a minimum of five years professional experience committed to living and working in Tulsa, Oklahoma full-time for two-years; U.S. Resident; Pass Background CheckNote: Past recipients of the Tulsa Artist Fellowship are ineligible to reapply for additional program terms. Tulsa Artist Fellows cannot be enrolled in a full-time academic program.
- Application deadline: January 15