The Vanguard Arts Fund provides development support to diverse teams of artists interested in creating works—especially works that cross artistic disciplines—in a collaborative environment. From the seed of an idea for a new play, to a concept for a classic adaptation, to a first draft or first song of a musical, the Fund provides intensive workshop time at various stages of the development process.
Please send the following information as a single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until May 12, 2023, and announcements will be made in June. Please include the following in your application:
- Project point of contact information (pronouns, email, phone number, city/state)
- In 1-2 pages:
- About the Project
- Point of View
- At what stage of development is this project currently, and what is the project’s development history?
- In up to 1 page:
- What are your goals for a Vanguard Arts Fund workshop? How will this workshop support the development of this project?
- How much time do you think you need to explore this project?
- Please also include:
- The names and bios of the artists/collaborators involved in this project
- Number of performers or other types of artists needed for a workshop (if known)
- Any supporting materials (script draft, up to 3 song recordings if necessary, synopsis, orchestration, etc.)
Support for projects has ranged from $2,500 to $15,000. However, support of up to $25,000 will be considered.