Wave Farm announces a third year of the Radio Artist Fellowship, a nine-month, part-time engagement for a radio scholar and artist living and working in the United States.
Located in New York’s Upper Hudson Valley, Wave Farm is a nonprofit arts organization driven by experimentation with broadcast media and the airwaves. A pioneer of the Transmission Arts genre, Wave Farm programs provide access to transmission technologies and support artists and organizations that engage with media as an art form. Wave Farm’s WGXC 90.7-FM: Radio for Open Ears is a full-power, creative community radio station in New York’s Upper Hudson Valley. The WGXC program schedule features original content by over one-hundred volunteer programmers, and commits significant daytime listening hours to radio art and experimental sound.
To Apply: Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2021:
- Letter of Interest: a one-page statement introducing your work as a radio scholar and artist demonstrating your personal interest in radio broadcast as a creative medium.
- Radio Art Archive Sample: Please prepare one example of a work you would add to the online archive and broadcast series (this should be a work by another artist, not your work). Please include:
(Please note that Wave Farm may broadcast these submissions in the future.)
- A one- or two-paragraph description of the radio artwork.
- A mp3 (192 kbps, constant bitrate, 44.1kHz) audio file prepared for radio broadcast presentation that includes brief introductory remarks in your voice (identify yourself in the intro as well), the radio artwork itself, and a back announcement at the end telling radio listeners what they have just heard.
- A one- or two-paragraph biography of the artist you have selected.
- Your Own Radio Art Work Samples: Please provide links to two work samples of your own radio work.
- Resume / C.V.
Eligibility: The Radio Artist Fellowship program opportunity is open to individual radio artists and scholars whose primary residence is in the United States. (Note: applications from collaborative teams are not eligible.) The Fellowship stipend will appear as “Other Income” on 1099s issued in conjunction with tax years 2021 and 2022. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.