Aimed at emerging and mid-career artists, True/False Film Festival in Columbia, Missouri, is offering a five-week virtual Artist-in-Residency program culminating in the exhibition of art installations of the selected six-eight artists-in-residence during the four-day festival.
Selected artists will meet online for a weekly two hour group session starting in November 2023. These sessions will focus on developing community and connection, adding to your knowledge about the current art world, and supporting the delivery of your art installation for True/False.
The residency ends with the exhibition/installation of proposed art installations at True/False on February 29 – March 3, 2024.
The goals of the residency:
- Community and connection with the other residents, True/False Art Curation Team, and professional guest artists.
- Providing development for artists during weekly meetings.
- Final Exhibition of completed proposed Art Installations at the Fest.
- Weekly online sessions which include an artist speaker, professional practice tips, information specifically about T/F Film Fest, and additional individual meetings as part of the virtual Artist Residency.
- Exhibition/Art Installation for the duration of the Fest (29 Feb – 3 March 2024)
- $1000 Artist Stipend for each Art Installation.
- Additional shipping/travel and/or material costs up to $500. Costs beyond $500 will be covered by the artist.
- Artist Pass to the Festival (attendance is not mandatory)
- Local Press and spotlight on our website and social media.
Expectation of residents:
- Attendance at each weekly virtual group meeting and one to two additional independent meetings with the Curation and Production Team (must have access to a computer and ability to take part in weekly zoom meetings).
- Active participation during group discussions and individual meetings.
- Completion of Art Installation (ready for install and delivered) by February 24th, 2024; installation will occur no later than Thursday, February 29th (install dates will depend on location) and deinstall will occur on March 4th, 2024.
Artists may submit multiple proposals. Proposals will be accepted from anywhere in the world. Click here for a sample proposal.
Each year T/F adopts a visual theme – in 2024, the theme is The Human Paradox.